We are seeking a Multi – Crafted Maintenance Technician (Afternoon-Shift) to join our team!
Position Summary: A multi-crafted maintenance technician that can troubleshoot and repair all types of production equipment. Experience working on progressive stamping presses, resistance weld cells, automated robotic cells and high speed assembly equipment is a definite asset.
- Technical associates degree or equivalent
- High school diploma required
- 5 years experience working as a troubleshooter and repair person in a production environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematic diagrams.
- Ability to read and interpret reference manuals and other technical data supplied in order to configure / install items such as sensors, motion controllers, motor drives, smart motors, HMI screens, etc.
- Ability to read ladder logic and troubleshoot programable logic controlled circuits.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair robot and resistance weld tooling.
- Ability to diagnose and make repairs to automated equipment.
- Ability to safely work on 480 volt electric circuits, pneumatics and hydraulics required.
- Ability to fabricate / repair parts & components as necessary to keep production equipment running.
- Ability to drive fork lift and operate remote control overhead cranes.
- Ability to reteach positions on robotic MIG cells.
- Ability to train junior personnel.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to participate in 5S and Kaizen projects.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot mechanical stamping presses, coil feeders, scrap conveyors, resistance weld cells, automated assembly turntables, vibratory bowl fed systems, robot arc weld assembly cells, overhead cranes, compressors etc.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities throughout the plant
- New equipment installation and start up
- Minor rigging using fork truck and crane
- Assist as required with new project team during automation start ups
- Works on improvement projects as assigned
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Works within all areas of Truform/AHT with the ability to effectively communicate ideas, problems and solutions
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and apply knowledge in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet customer expectations
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to read and write English
- Performance shall be within the guidelines of the company’s policies and procedures
- Willingness to work overtime as required (including weekends)
- Other duties as assigned
- Success factors/job competencies:
- Excellent troubleshooter
- Driven to solve issues and make improvements
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be a motivated self-starter and able to work unsupervised
Physical demands and work environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work in heat and cold and in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to operate man lift and work at heights.
- 90-day probationary period
- Annual review
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401K, holidays, vacations and more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation based upon skill and ability